Here are few menu plans for lunch. They are quick to make if you have cut the vegetables and refrigerated them the previous day. I have tried out recipes from various cookbooks, youtube videos and blogs. I have given their links too.
Lunch meal idea 1.
1- Ponnanganni keerai kootu
2- Mix veg (gajbaje- konkani style)
3- Musoppu (mashed greens in Bengaluru style)
4- Makai +wheat flour roti (Same as phulka, replace 1/2 wheat flour with corn meal- makkai atta)
Lunch meal idea 2.
1. Gavar batata in lasun chutney
2. Mooli sambharia
3. Roti, curd, cucumber slices
1. Long beans udupi style
2. Chayote squash(chowchow) hyderabadi style
3. Roti and curd
Lunch meal idea 4.
1. Tere alwathi - Arbi leaves with garlic tempering (Konkani)
(Followed the recipe with slight changes ,skipped green gram,replaced hog plum with tamarind and used ginger paste.Tempered it with fried crushed garlic.)
2. Tendli and kala chana bhaji (Maharashtrian)
Lunch meal idea 5.
1. Alu paratha (mashed potato, green chutney, saunf filling)
2. Rajma (First pressure cooked the rajma and then added this into bay leaf- jeera tadka, put in onion-tomato-ginger-garlic
3. Beetroot koshambir